Hey, did you know you can access; books, graphic novels including comic books, anime, & manga, video games, magazines, movies, popular music CDs, audiobooks on CD, downloadable audiobooks & e-books, electronic resources for homework & research, and much more at your local library? All you need to get started is a library card. So come in today, borrow some library materials, use a library computer, participate in a program, or just meet with friends.
Thanks to a generous grant from the Ann and Abe Effron Fund of the Community Foundation of Dutchess County, Howland Public Library was able to start a support/social group for young adults with Asperger’s and other social challenges called Teen Connections. Teen Connections provides young adults with a safe, supportive, non-judgmental environment so that they may express themselves, share their talents and passions, and be empowered to use these strengths to connect with their peers and their community. The group, run by Ginny Figlia and Ruthie Nivel, has worked together to create Vision Boards (see photos). Be sure to check out the library’s display of current resources, websites, and books on Autism for families, youth, and professionals.
We offer film programs and many other activities for teens. We also have a Teen Advisory Group. Check our events calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Youth Services Librarian Ginny Figlia at 831-1134 x 103 for information.
Here are some great links just for teens!
- Mid-Hudson Library System Public Library Catalog
- Download Audiobooks & eBooks!
- Want to learn a foreign language fast?
- Health Information Project: Current Books, DVD’s & Websites for Teens on Health & Social Issues
- Comprehensive and Neutral College Search
- Anime News Network: Current Articles and Reviews about Anime
- Stuff for the Teen Age from New York Public Library
- Looking for What to Read Next? Teen Reads & Reviews
- Find Out What Title is Next in Your Favorite Book Series
- Tween Reads – monthly recommendations
- Teen Scene – monthly recommendations
- IPLS2 For Teens: For Homework help